first of all i had family that made me really happy, family that gave me an excellent birthday, i really am lucky to have these sweet people in my life. and guess what everyone, i got home and on the table was a big box. after walking around my house for a few hours wanting to open that big box, i finally got to! and i took out something that made me tear up the moment i saw it, my parents got me a build-a-bear, a Marine build-a-bear, and i couldnt have been happier. i love my parents so much for being there for Ben and i.
on my instagram (desimarie__) i posted a picture of this project i made at Ben's sisters house a few Saturdays ago. it was pretty fun, i wont lie, and im very much proud of my craft. so instructions? okay, fine i guess you can make cute triangle banners too
Fabric of your choice
1/2 inch Ribbon
- i got a yard of fabric, and you can get fabric anywhere, Joanne's, Walmart, etc.
- get a thin piece of fabric ribbon i believe i got a half an inch in width, and depending on how long you want your banner you may need to adjust how much fabric you get and how long your ribbon is.
- cut out a triangle pattern on piece of paper, i like smaller triangles, it is cuter to me
- trace your pattern on the cloth with a fabric pencil that will show up and continue to cut them out
- using your hot glue, glue your small triangles to the ribbon and that's it! after repeating this step a few times you'll have a lovely triangle banner!
i hope that all makes sense, it really is easy to make, so happy crafting
also, the other day my roommates and i went and hiked the Y, i mean, if you live in Utah, or at least Provo or Orem, it's something that you have to do. So yesterday i hiked it for the first time! isn't that fun? here's some pictures:)
ps. if you sit at the top of the Y like this, it's a completely different view. My roomies and i agreed that it looks like you can really tell the world is a globe. it's so cool! so next time you hike the Y, just try it.
ps guess what everybody!! 11 days till i see Ben!!!:):):)
also...he called me on my birthday so go to my other blog to read about what he said:)